15 Day North and South Island
15 Day North and South Island
Tour the highlights of the North and South Island on this 15 day adventure. Culture, Wildlife and Nature, what more could you ask for?
- Arrival private car transfer from Auckland Airport to hotel
- 2 nights Auckland; Sofitel Viaduct Harbour; luxury marina view room
- Auckland Harbour Cruise. Escape the city and cruise the sparkling waters of Auckland's beautiful harbour. Sit back, relax and let the Fullers crew look after you with full commentary during this one and a half hour harbour cruise
- 5 day car rental in a intermediate automatic car, pick up Auckland airport drop off Queenstown Rotorua Airport
- 2 nights Bay of Islands; The Waterfront Suites; 1 Bedroom deluxe suite
- Cape Reinga via 90 Mile Beach. Uncover the wild beauty of this vast and untouched region that is rich in Maori culture and tradition. This journey will take you to Cape Reinga, where according to Maori legend, spirits depart on their journey to the homeland -Hawaiki. On your way, visit the ancient Puketi Kauri Forest, with a 20 minute boardwalk past 1,000 year old Kauri trees and native bush. On arrival at Cape Reinga, stand on the northern most tip of New Zealand and watch the Pacific Ocean collide with the Tasman Sea. You may like to take the opportunity to try sandboarding down the massive sand dunes on boogie boards at Te Paki Stream – try it if you dare! A fun experience that is available to all passengers. Your journey along the vast and empty 90 Mile Beach will provide striking contrasts to the busy and populated East Coast. 1 night Auckland; Sofitel Viaduct Harbour; superior room
- 1 night Auckland; Sofitel Viaduct Harbour; luxury marina view room
- Waitomo Glowworm Cave Tour. The world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves amaze with thousands of magical glowworms that sparkle above, as you glide through the cave by boat. Enjoy the ornate cave decorations and sculptures that have developed over thousands of years and have been enjoyed by visitors to this cave for over 120 years.
- 2 nights Rotorua; Millennium Rotorua; superior room
- Tamaki Maori Village. Experience the warmth of our people during an evening of ceremonial rituals, powerful cultural performance, storytelling and hangi feasting!
- Rainbow Springs all inclusive park entry. Whether you are walking through our many free flight aviaries, feeding the biggest wild trout you will ever see, watching the birds being fed or coming face to face with history in the eyes of a tuatara – all of us here at Rainbow Springs are proud of the role we play in conserving many of the precious native species of New Zealand.
- Arrival private car transfer from Queenstown airport to hotel
- 3 nights Queenstown; Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa; superior room with spa
- TSS Earnslaw & Walter Peak Gourmet BBQ Lunch. Lunch starts with a cruise aboard the historic TSS Earnslaw across to Walter Peak High Country Farm. After lunch, join an entertaining farm demonstration or explore the beautiful lakeside gardens. The TSS Earnslaw is an integral part of Queenstown’s pioneering history and to this day a Queenstown icon.
- Milford Sound Heli Tour. Experience the grandeur of the Southern Alps en route to landing at The Divide. Fly into the heart of Fiordland National Park experiencing unparalleled views of world famous Milford Sound and Mitre Peak before landing. Returning, experience an alpine snow landing before returning across Lake Wakatipu to Queenstown.
- 4 day car rental in a intermediate automatic car, pick up Queenstown downtown drop off Christchurch downtown
- 2 nights Franz Josef; Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier, Graham Wing Room with breakfast
- Glacier Valley Walk. Your Glacier Valley Walk will take you up alongside the mighty Waiho River bed following the glacier's path of retreat in this remarkable landscape. Here you will learn about the glacier's history, see what is left behind by this majestic giant, and learn the legend of Ka Roimata o Hinehukatere. Near the terminal face, you will cross over the public barriers and after a brief climb you will be rewarded with spectacular views of the rapidly changing terminal face of the glacier
- 1 night Punakaiki; Punakaiki Resort, standard sea view room
- 2 nights Christchurch; Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch; guest room
- Akaroa Day Tour. Travel to the French-inspired village Akaroa on Banks Peninsula via Sign of The Takahe, Sign of The Kiwi, Governers Bay, Gebbies Pass, Lake Forsyth and Little River. Visit the cheese factory at Barry's Bay and sample locally-made cheese before arriving in picturesque Akaroa. Board your vessel Canterbury Cat for a two hour cruise exploring Akaroa Harbour and viewing dolphins, penguins and seals. On the return journey to Christchurch a stop will be made at Birdling Flat on the Kaitorete Spit. This stony beach at the entrance to Lake Forsyth provides a commanding view of the southern facing cliffs of Banks Peninsula
- Private car departure transfer in Christchurch
- Qantas Vacations Emergency Travel Assistance (available 24 hours)